BACK TO PEARS HOME PAGE
MONTHLY GENERAL MEETING
The monthly general meeting of the Port Elizabeth Amateur Radio Society,
takes place on the third Tuesday of the month at the Italian Sporting Club, 17 Harold Road, Charlo starting at
See the meetings page for details of the topic
to be presented/discussed
MONDAY EVENING BULLETIN REBROADCAST
A recorded rebroadcast of the Sunday morning PEARS bulletin takes
place on the Eastern Cape Linked Repeater Network every Monday night at 20h00 courtesy
of Ewalt ZS2EHB
Have a look on our PEARS Facebook page for
pics posted from recent activities
Herald Mountainbike Race
6 February 2016
This is hopefully the last update. Points to take note of:
1. Those staying over at Hayterdale, we will have a short briefing on Friday evening, before we open the wine.
2. Anyone else who is not sure of my instructions please contact me to sort out.
3. We need to be ready by around 5.30 as the first race starts at 6.00. It is at least an hour drive from PE.
4. I will be testing my APRS setup from the polo field, hope it all works.
5. If the repeater fails we will work on the simplex frequency of 145.225. If I am unable to copy you directly please use a relay station, Eric ZS2ECH and Isolda ZS2IW are in a good position for this.
6. Remember that as we are using a x-band repeater you might not be able to hear the other simplex stations, this can lead to doubling so be prepared to repeat messages if necessary.
7. The organisers have set up a Whatsapp group for event logistics, I will add you all to it. Please use it to send information of a general nature which will be useful for the organisers. Emergency comms or important traffic to please be sent via radio
8. Remember that the public can overhear our comms so only use competitor numbers when sending sensitive information. (serious injury etc)
The road race on Sunday also starts at 6.00 so you need to get to your position early as roads are closed off and you will not be allowed through.
Any questions or problems let me know.
Ellie - XYL of Rudi ZR2RCG
Great Zuurberg Trek
3 - 5 June 2016
Repeater at Waterpoint 2 - ZS2AAW
Day rounded off with Cappucino by Matthew ZU2MAT
Repeater at "crossing" - ZS2RL
VW Rally Comms
16 July 2016
Repeater prep work at Lady's Slipper - ZS2AAW
End of stage 8 action
Magmount "SWEEP-1" tracker box
Eric ZS2ECH and Isolda ZS2IW
Longmore Service Park
Rally Control - Tony ZR2TX and Patsy ZS2PTY
BACK TO PEARS HOME PAGE